In a modern world of farming, high density and precision farming has become crucial for sustainability and profitability. Precision farming depends on the predictability of the animal growth to reduce feed waste and green gas emission.
Butyric acid provides energy to colon cells for cell proliferation improving the gut health and improving feed absorption reducing nutrient wastage. Since broilers have been bred for weight gain, greater feed conversion rate and increased carcass yield, the gut health is something that cannot be overlooked as nutrients absorbed here is what facilitates growth. An excellent gut health undoubtedly equals a healthy and well grown animal.
BTR 98, a new generation of sodium butyrate which is in a ball-shaped granule instead of the conventional rod-shaped granules. The uniform ball-shaped granules offer multiple benefits compared to the conventional rod-shaped granules:
- High potency (>98% sodium butyrate) but light to odourless.
- Lower inclusion rate (250g/t for poultry diet).
- Crystalline matrix with interwoven structure, a novel technology, enhanced coating ability.
- Excellent core material, easily coated to form slow-release products.
- Better CV in feed mixing homogeneity (+33%).
- Reduced segregation during transportation.
Using the coated form of butyrate salt in young chicks will cause shallow villi length and crypt depth, lower weight gain and poor FCR, which will have carry-over effects on overall productive performance because young chicks lack lipase required to breakdown the fat coating of coated butyrate (Ravindran, 2003). Therefore, BTR 98 is recommended when it comes to supplementing starter chicks, simply because the coating would burden the underdeveloped digestive system of young chicks.
Since day old chicks are grown in high density, it is inevitable that they will be exposed to biosecurity hazards as they grow. These potential biohazard exposures endanger the animals’ livelihood. As BTRTM 98 also has antibacterial properties, it adds a layer of protection to animals, preventing loss of animals.
Key Benefits of BTRTM 98:
- Provides energy to enteric cells
- Increases villi growth up to 30%
- Increases feed intake up to 5-10%
- Repairs damaged colon epithelial cells
- Improves flock uniformity
- Antibacterial properties
- Natural feed attractant for piglets